Hello Mt. Carmel families!
After a successful first week of school, I hope everyone had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weekend we have had. This late summer weather was a nice treat! As we begin our first full week of school, please keep in mind the following items:
- We will have our first fire drill this week. Teachers will explain the drill process to the students. If you know your child is sensitive to noise, please prepare your child for the loud alarm that signals the drill.
- Spirit shirt orders are due tomorrow. We are not ordering any extra shirts this year, so please plan accordingly.
- Our first school Mass of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, 9/15, at 9 AM. Please join us if you are able.
- Back-to-School night takes place on Thursday, 9/16, at 7 PM. Details will be sent home by Tuesday.
- Win Big tickets have arrived and will be sent home tomorrow. This is the school’s biggest fundraiser and we ask that all families try to sell a minimum of 14 tickets.
- Berlin Police have asked that parents using the Maple Avenue drop off line in the morning ensure their children exit the car on the passenger side, closest to the curb. This is a safety issue, as Maple Avenue is a two way street! If for any reason you cannot follow this guideline, please park in the lot closest to the church and walk your child to the gym entrance. No cars should be parking in the lot nearest the school due to morning bus traffic.
- The 2021-22 School Handbook will be posted to the school website tomorrow morning. The last page of the book is a parent/student signature page which must be returned to school.
- If any member of your household is sick or experiencing COVID compatible symptoms, please keep your student(s) home until COVID testing (PCR or antigen) can be done and negative results have been received. The health and safety of the entire school community is of the utmost importance!