Good afternoon OLMC families!
Thank you to everyone for last week’s successful Catholic Schools’ Week. The students enjoyed a wonderful grandparents’ reception, book fair shopping, Spirit Night and student appreciation day. As a school community we celebrated Mass, witnessed the induction of the newest members of the McAuley Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society, participated in a day of service, and raised funds for the American Heart Association. The week was rounded out with our Ice Cream Social and Talent Show. None of this would have happened without the help of the entire staff and many parent volunteers. There are not enough words to convey my gratitude!
This week should be quieter, to say the least:
- Tomorrow morning, all K-8 students will be attending the 8 AM daily Mass for the feast of St. Blase, and will have their throats blessed.
- Congratulations to our second graders, who received their First Penance on Saturday, and are continuing their preparation for First Holy Communion in May.
- Report cards were released electronically on Friday. Please check RenWeb to see your child’s grades. We are now officially in the third marking period.
- The Walnut Street Theatre programs which were cancelled last week due to illness within the troupe have been rescheduled for late March.
- Any 7th or 8th grader wishing to participate in the National History Bee or National Science Bee will need to take the online qualifying test on Wednesday, 2/5.
- Both the girls’ and boys’ basketball teams have games this week…show your school spirit and come out and cheer them on.
- This Friday, 2/7, is our early dismissal day. It is also a Spirit Day.
Enjoy the rest of the day; may the best team win!