Hello Mt. Carmel families!
Today we begin the final week of Advent. All four candles are lit on our Advent wreath, and Christmas is just around the corner. Although this is a short week of school, there are a few things worth mentioning:
- School is open on Monday and Tuesday only; both days are full sessions with aftercare available.
- Tuesday has been designated as PJ Day for CHOP. For a $1 donation, students may wear their PJs to school. All funds benefit the child life department at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- We are also hoping to hold our 8th annual “sock-snowball” fight on Tuesday. Please remember to send in new socks in any size or color to be used as our snowballs. These socks are then donated to local homeless shelters.
- Class Christmas parties will be held on Tuesday afternoon.
- Please remember your responsibility to the Mt. Carmel family. If you will be traveling over the Christmas break to, or hosting friends or family from, one of the states on NJ’s travel advisory list, your children are expected to quarantine for 14 days from the date of contact.
If you have not seen it yet, the school Christmas card is posted to our Facebook page. Our students’ Christmas videos are also being posted daily, leading up to the 8th grade’s presentation of the Nativity on Christmas Eve.
Have a quiet evening, and be well!