Hello Mt. Carmel families!
Happy Catholic Schools’ Week! Like most of our school year, this week’s celebration of Catholic Schools will be unique, and one to remember. Although we cannot hold many of our traditional events, we will celebrate all of the good things about OLMC nonetheless!
- If anyone attends Mass in person this weekend, please wear a school jacket, sweatshirt or spirit shirt, and thank the priest and parishioners for their support of Catholic education.
- Weather permitting, we will attend daily Mass during the week, a few grades at a time to give thanks for the gift of our Catholic School.
- Our annual book fair begins on Monday, February 1 as a virtual event; details are found below.
- Our Dance for Education is scheduled for Wednesday, February 3. This is also “Student Appreciation Day.” All students will be treated to a slice of pizza and dessert.
- We will install the newest members of our National Junior Honor Society next week. The ceremony will be taped and posted to our Facebook page.
As I follow the weather reports, and now look out my window, I think it is safe to announce that tomorrow, Monday, February 1, will be a good old-fashioned snow day. Sleep in, stay warm and safe, and enjoy the winter weather. Any further weather-related changes in our week will be announced day by day.
While you are home, don’t forget to visit our annual Scholastic Book Fair. This year’s fair is a completely virtual event, with all purchases shipped directly to your home. Visit our school’s book fair homepage to access the entire Scholastic catalog and encourage your child’s love of reading:
Congratulations to the following students who will be inducted into Mt. Carmel’s chapter of the National Junior Honor Society this week: 8th grader Jack Taylor and 7th graders Kiera Burke, Samantha Covone, Reese Dorflinger and Mia Velasco.
Stay tuned for future weather updates!