Hello OLMC family!
Thank you to all of the family and friends who supported our Win Big fundraiser! This is our school’s largest fundraiser, and due to everyone’s hard work, it appears we reached our budgeted goal. Full details will be reported in the next few weeks.
Here are the items of note for the week:
- The inaugural “Virtual 5K Turkey Trot” sponsored by our National Junior Honor Society raised just over $600. This money will be split between the St. Vincent dePaul Society and the Knights of Columbus to help those groups with their holiday food and toy drives.
- Remember to order school pictures as soon as possible in order to guarantee delivery by Christmas. An e-mail was sent yesterday with details.
- School is closed on Tuesday, 12/8, in observance of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Holyday Masses at St. Simon Stock parish are 7 PM on Monday, 12/7, and 8 AM and 7 PM on Tuesday.
- Progress reports will be released on Friday, 12/11 at the end of the school day. Please remind your student to submit all necessary work.
- Looking ahead to other Christmas activities, we will once again be participating in a pajama day as a fundraiser for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. For a $1 donation, students may wear PJs to school on Wednesday 12/23.
- Our other holiday tradition is the annual “sock-snowball” fight. Although we may be holding the snowball fight in a modified fashion this year due to COVID protocols, we are still going to plan it for 12/23. Students are asked to donate new socks (any size, color) which are rolled and used as the “snowballs” in our activity. These socks are then donated to local homeless shelters to help our brothers and sisters in need. Last year, over 1200 pairs of socks were donated!
Have a wonderful evening. May St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children, whose feast we celebrate today, keep everyone healthy as we journey through Advent toward Christmas!