Hello OLMC families!
It is officially Catholic Schools’ Week…the time set aside by the National Catholic Education Association to celebrate all the wonderful things that make our schools unique. Today’s opening Mass and Open House were excellent examples of that. Thank you to the faculty, students and families who participated! This week is full of activities; please join us if you are able.
- Tomorrow, we have our school Mass and National Junior Honor Society induction ceremony beginning at 9 AM.
- We celebrate our grandparents tomorrow also, with special receptions (and book fair shopping) at 10 AM or 12:30 PM.
- Tuesday, 1/28, is Teacher Appreciation Day.
- On Wednesday, 1/29, we will spend the morning working on various service projects, and then students will be treated to a movie in the afternoon.
- Art Club is cancelled for both Tuesday and Wednesday this week due to the book fair set-up in the art room.
- Book fair shopping continues through Thursday for all students. Information was sent home last week with details on this.
- The Walnut Street Theatre will be presenting two shows to our students on Thursday, 1/30; a show with the theme of diversity and a show with an anti-bullying message.
- Thursday evening, the Athletic Association will host our annual Spirit Night, beginning at 6:30 PM.
- On Friday, 1/31, students will be participating in Jump Rope / Hoops for Heart as a fundraiser for the American Heart Association.
- All students will be treated to pizza and dessert on Friday, 1/31, as we end the week.
- Friday night brings an Ice Cream Social at 6:00 PM, followed by the Talent Show at 7:00 PM.
- Congratulations to 7th graders Abby Millenbach and Nick Sirdashney, who represented Mt. Carmel at this weekend’s All South Jersey Junior High Chorus concerts.
As you can see, we have many reasons to celebrate our school. Happy Catholic Schools’ Week!