Good afternoon OLMC families,
As everyone is aware by now, when we returned to school last week, we were informed of our former pastor, Fr. Jim Dabrowski’s death. The link to Fr. Jim’s obituary is: https://www.gardnerfuneralhome.com/obituary/james-dabrowski. At this point, I am not sure what the school’s involvement in the funeral will be. I will keep everyone informed as decisions are made.
Here are the other items of interest for the upcoming week.
- LEGO Club is back! Please check e-mail for the registration form and specific details.
- This week junior high students will be given the schedule for their upcoming mid-term exams. Exams will take place the week of January 20; individual teachers will explain the expectations for their respective classes.
- Friday, January 10 is our early dismissal day. After-care will be available.
- Please look for information coming home with your students about Catholic Schools Week activities. This week you should see paperwork for the annual Talent Show, Scholastic Book Fair, and Jump Rope/Hoops for Heart.
- To celebrate the opening of Catholic Schools Week on the weekend of January 25 & 26, students will be asked to read, serve, and be greeters at each of the parish Masses. Fr. Michael would also like a student to speak at each Mass and share a personal story about their Mt. Carmel experience. Please contact the school if you are interested in assisting with this. Full details of Catholic Schools Week will be sent home once they are finalized.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend…go Eagles!