Good afternoon OLMC family!
Here we are, finally, in the last week of the school year. Who would have thought in early September, with the laundry list of COVID restrictions before us, that we would get to this point! Here are the reminders for our very busy week:
- Tomorrow, June 14, is a dress down day in support of the 8th grade class charity, the Shane McGarvey Foundation. There is a minimum $1 donation to participate. Please note, 8th graders will dress down on Tuesday due to their previously scheduled activities.
- Tomorrow is also our annual “step-up” day. Students in PK 4 to 7th grade will get the opportunity to meet next year’s homeroom teacher and hear about the highlights of the upcoming grade.
- Parents are invited to meet their children for a picnic lunch after “step-up” to find out how the morning went. K – 4th grade will be outside at 11:00; 5th – 7th grades will be outside at 11:30…pray for good weather!
- Kindergarten and 8th grade buddies will celebrate their last day together on Tuesday, June 15, with the annual “Buddy Picnic.”
- On Wednesday, June 16 we will bid farewell to the 8th graders with an Awards Assembly at 10 AM and Baccalaureate Mass at 6 PM. Attendance at both events is limited to family, but the celebrations will be live-streamed via the parish Facebook and you-tube channels for all to enjoy. Visit www.stsimonstock.net for links.
- Our Pre-K 4 students will have their graduation exercises on Thursday, June 17 at 9:30 AM in the gym. Mrs. A. will inform parents of details for this important event.
- We will close out our academic year with a school Mass on Friday, June 18 at 10 AM. Please join us if you are able!
- Report cards (hard copy) will be sent home with students on Friday, June 18. Remote students will need to return all school-issued books and materials on that day in order to receive report cards.
- As mentioned in previous communications, report cards will not be issued, nor will students with outstanding balances be re-registered for next year until all current balances are cleared.