Good afternoon Mt. Carmel!
I hope everyone is enjoying a quiet end to this January weekend. This is the final week of the second marking period, and there are several items to mention:
- As a school, we will honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by participating in several service projects beginning tomorrow and continuing throughout the week. Students will be preparing sandwiches and utensil packets for distribution at Cathedral Kitchen in Camden, making scarves for the homeless, collecting personal care items for donation, and creating cards for hospital patients, to name a few of the activities.
- Junior High students will have their midterm exams this week. Parents of all students should ensure that work is submitted on time so that grades can be properly calculated. Friday, 1/22 is the last day of the marking period.
- The financial aid application for the 2021-22 school year is available through FACTS. Parents may access the application once they log into their FACTS account; applications are due by February 28.
- Check recent e-mail for information on the Welsh Scholarship. This program provides financial assistance to parents of Catholic school students who reside in Camden County.
- Thank you to all of the families and friends who have donated to our Dance for Education. To date, over $4,400 has been raised towards our goal of $16,000 in this school fundraiser. Keep up the good work!
- We will close out our week by starting our novena for the protection of human life. This prayer event is sponsored by the US Bishops and raises awareness of the sanctity of all life, from the moment of conception to natural death.
- Please be mindful of our morning drop-off procedures. The car line on Maple Avenue is designated specifically for students who can exit their cars without assistance from the driver. Students must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle, with masks already in place and wait to have temperatures taken in a socially distanced manner. If your child needs help, is still eating breakfast, or just needs that last minute hug, please park in the lot closest to the church and walk him/her down to the gym door.