Hello OLMC families,
Thank you to all of the family members who helped make our class Halloween parties so special on Friday afternoon. Judging by the smiles (and bulging treat bags) as the students left the building, everyone had a great time. If you would like to see our Halloween parade and pictures of some class festivities, visit our Facebook page.
Please be aware of the following items this first week of November:
- Winter (basic) uniforms start tomorrow. Full details of this may be found on our website in the document library, under dress code. Students may keep an extra gym sweatshirt with them if they feel the classrooms may be too chilly.
- On Tuesday, November 3, students will be participating in their own important election – voting for the treat they will be receiving as part of our Thanksgiving celebration.
- The first marking period ends this Friday, November 6. Please ensure all student work is submitted by then in order for credit to be given.
- Friday is also an early dismissal day due to our monthly faculty meeting.
- Report cards will be released electronically next Thursday, November 12. Parent-teacher conferences will be scheduled on an “as-needed” basis via Zoom or telephone the week of November 16. Details will follow shortly.
- Please don’t forget to sell your tickets for our annual Win Big raffle! Ticket stubs/payment may be submitted to school at any time. The class with the highest percentage of participation by this Friday will earn a special lunch treat.
- Congratulations to the following junior high students whose essays were chosen as our school’s submissions in the annual VFW “Patriot’s Pen” essay contest: Olivia McNamara, Kiera Burke and Kaitlynn Kirk.
Please continue to be vigilant when it comes to student health and well-being. We are doing everything we possibly can in school to keep all members of the OLMC family healthy. It is equally important that families follow CDC and health department guidelines at home so that no infections/viruses of any kind are carried into school.