Hello Mt. Carmel families!
Happy Gaudete Sunday…the day in Advent when we “wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Lord.” The pink candle is lit on the Advent wreath to make us take notice that Christmas is just around the corner.
There are a few things to mention for the week ahead:
- Santa’s Shop will be open on Monday and Tuesday for students to do some Christmas shopping. The shop is set up in the gym, where everyone can remain socially distanced as they shop. Pre-K – 4th grades will shop on Monday; 5th – 8th grades will shop Tuesday.
- Please remember to send in new socks (any size/color) for our annual “sock-snowball” fight on December 22.
- Students in all grades have been busy preparing selections for our Christmas program. Every grade will be videotaped and their Christmas wishes posted to our Facebook page. Watch for details later in the week.
- Last month, our 8th graders participated in an essay contest sponsored by the Lion’s Club. The topic was “Peace during the COVID-19 Pandemic.” I am pleased to announce that four of our students placed in the top five spots in the regional contest: Tyler Morovich (2nd place), Abby Millenbach (3rd place), Lucas Canale (4th place) and Sal Algeri (5th place). Congratulations!
- As the weather begins to lean more toward typical winter conditions, please remember to dress your students accordingly. If the temperature is above freezing, students will go outside for recess, and should have warm coats, hats and gloves.
Have a wonderful evening and be well!