Good afternoon Mt. Carmel!
What a beautiful weekend to begin the month of May. I hope everyone found some time to enjoy the lovely weather. It is going to be a busy month, so please make note of the following announcements:
- Optional summer uniforms begin tomorrow, 5/3. Details of the dress code may be found at https://olmc-school.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/OLMC-Dress-Code.pdf
- Friday, 5/7 is an early dismissal day for our monthly faculty meeting.
- 8th graders receiving Confirmation must attend a rehearsal on Saturday, 5/8 at 5:30 PM in the church.
- Confirmation is scheduled for Monday, 5/10 at 4 PM. 8th graders will be released at noon that day in order to get ready.
- We will be holding a traditional Scholastic Book Fair next week, from 5/10 – 5/13. Details will be forthcoming.
Please make note of the following changes to our school calendar. Friday, May 28 will be a remote learning day. Since it would be difficult to hold a socially distanced, COVID compliant “Fun & Fitness day” this year, students will be asked to participate in virtual field trips on May 28. Homeroom teachers will communicate the exact details as we get closer to month’s end. Students will also be receiving coupons for bowling (30 Strikes) and mini-golf (Pleasant Valley) which may be redeemed at each family’s discretion. The other date to mark is Friday, June 18 – our last day of school!
Please remember to follow the health protocols which have been in place since September. We have all worked too hard to risk large-scale quarantines, especially with many fun year-end activities planned.