Good evening everyone,
I hope this e-mail finds the OLMC family doing well, resting and enjoying a quiet Sunday evening. This is a short week of school, but there are many things to communicate:
- Please continue to send in all Win Big ticket sales. This is our major fundraiser and provides a substantial part of the annual school budget.
- On Wednesday, 11/25, we will celebrate Thanksgiving with a modified “brown bag brunch.” It is also “ugly sweater day.” Check recent e-mails for details about dress code.
- Wednesday is also an early dismissal day as we begin to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no after-care.
- OLMC’s chapter of the National Junior Honor Society is sponsoring a virtual 5K / 1 mile fun run to raise funds for the St. Vincent dePaul food bank and the Knights of Columbus Christmas “Giving Tree.”
- Congratulations to the following junior high students whose posters were chosen as the winning submissions in our parish’s pro-life poster contest: Samantha Covone, Lilliana Formosa, Anna McGrath, Abby Millenbach and Isabella Palmer.
- Please remember your responsibility to the Mt. Carmel family. If you are traveling over the Thanksgiving break to, or are hosting friends or family from, one of the states on NJ’s travel advisory list, you are expected to quarantine for 14 days. If you know this will be occurring, inform your child’s teacher and ask your child to bring home all necessary books and supplies on Wednesday so that remote learning may begin on November 30.
- Please note – the parking lot closest to the school is used throughout the day by our students when the weather permits. For the safety of our students and staff, do not drive through the parking lot to join the afternoon pick up line.