Hello Mt. Carmel family,
This week we begin the third marking period of the school year. It’s hard to believe, but we are halfway through the school year.
Here are the items of merit for the week ahead:
- Report cards will be released via RenWeb on Thursday, 1/28, at the end of the school day.
- The second session of STAR testing begins this week and continues into early February. All students in grades 1-8 will be assessed in math and reading. Please note: for this year only, STAR testing will replace the IOWA tests in March.
- Next week marks our annual celebration of Catholic Schools’ Week. Details will be released this week.
- Thank you to all of the families and friends who have donated to our Dance for Education. To date, $6,880 has been raised towards our goal of $16,000 in this school fundraiser. Keep up the good work!
- The forecast for Monday night into Tuesday does not look so promising. I will be watching the weather reports throughout the day tomorrow and will decide by the end of the school day whether we will have another remote learning day on Tuesday, 1/26. Please check e-mails for details of any weather-related changes in our schedule.