Good morning Mt. Carmel!
I hope everyone is enjoying the well-deserved long weekend and had a happy Valentine’s Day and will continue to enjoy more rest and relaxation today on Presidents’ Day. Here are the items of merit for the upcoming week:
- Thank you to everyone who supported our Dance for Education. We surpassed our goal and raised over $19,000 in that fundraiser. Students had a great time at the dance and were treated to pizza, doughnuts and other goodies in celebration of Student Appreciation Day.
- This Wednesday, 2/17, is Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent. Students will have the opportunity to receive ashes during the school day.
- Students will be coming home with information about Catholic Relief Service’s “Rice Bowl” project. As a school we have participated in this Lenten activity for many years. Please visit the organization’s website for specific details. (https://www.crsricebowl.org/)
- Please return the tuition commitment forms which were e-mailed last week. Budget preparations for the 2021-22 school year are underway and a key piece of information in that process is our expected enrollment.
- Financial aid applications are due by the end of February; log into your existing FACTS account to complete that process. Camden County residents may also apply for a Welsh grant to help offset tuition. Information on that process was sent home by e-mail earlier in the year.
- Our annual “State of the School” presentation has not been forgotten! As mentioned above, budget preparations are ongoing and information pertaining to the current school year is being compiled and a report to the school community will be made shortly.
- Congratulations to 8th graders Abby Millenbach and Nicholas Sirdashney who will be representing OLMC in the All South Jersey Junior High Chorus this year. This group will be rehearsing via Zoom and presenting a “virtual” concert later in the year.
- Keep your fingers crossed and say a few prayers that the winter weather in the forecast will bypass us this week and we will have an uninterrupted week of school!