Good afternoon OLMC families!
Tomorrow we begin the last week of school for 2019…I can’t believe how quickly we have gotten to this point. We do have a busy week ahead of us:
- On Monday, 12/16, students in grades 3-8 will attend an Advent Penance Service, in preparation for Christmas.
- On Tuesday, 12/17, St. Simon Stock Parish will have an Advent Penance Service at 7 PM for adults.
- Thursday, 12/19, at 1 PM, our students will present a Lessons & Carols Service in the church. Please join us if you are able, as the students remind everyone of the true meaning of Christmas.
- Friday, 12/20, is full of fun activities: Please continue to send in new socks for our snowball fight…ultimately, the socks are donated to area homeless shelters. Last year we collected over 1000 pairs of socks.
- Friday fun #2: Students who make a $1 donation (or more) by Friday morning may wear their PJ’s to school that day. This collection benefits the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Child Life department. This is the department at CHOP that is responsible for their “hospital school,” and provides art therapy, music therapy, etc. to children who are patients at the hospital.
- Friday fun #3: Class parties will begin at approximately 10:30 AM, with early dismissal following. After-care is available until 6 PM.
A huge round of applause goes to our Pre-K to 3rd graders for their wonderful performance of “Say Cheese for Christmas” and to all of the young musicians who performed in Friday night’s Christmas Concert. If the hard work of our talented students did not put you in the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what will!
Enjoy the rest of the evening!